With cancer can come many physical, emotional and psychological challenges. Along with these personal trials, patients also face other difficulties as they navigate their healthcare journey.
The Rewrite Cancer Innovation Challenge is an opportunity for us to come together as a community and create innovative solutions to challenges patients face in their journey.
Imagine what we could achieve if people from across Canada came together to solve a single common challenge in the cancer journey.
We could help rewrite that moment for future patients.
How It Works
We’re listening to patients, caregivers, physicians, nurses, researchers, people like you to learn about your journey and challenges as they relate to cancer.
We’re hoping to be inspired by others working in the field; the everyday people making an impact on the cancer patient’s healthcare experience. A steering committee of oncology experts will issue a challenge based on those insights in 2017.
Teams will collaborate to discuss, brainstorm, rethink and offer solutions to this challenge, and help rewrite the story of cancer for tomorrow’s patients.
Our steering committee will review each submission and identify the leading ideas, ideas that will then be shared with the oncology community and help make a difference in the lives of Canadians living with cancer.
Ready to take part in change?
Fill out your information below and we’ll keep you up-to-date on the Rewrite Cancer Innovation Challenge!
Steering Committee Members
Our steering committee of oncology experts will lead us in determining the Challenge and identifying the leading ideas that may help make a difference in the lives of Canadians living with cancer.
- Dr. Sarit AssoulineAssociate professor of medicine and oncology, McGill University Jewish General Hospital
- Dr. John C. BellSenior Scientist, Cancer Therapeutics Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute; Professor, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa; Scientific Director, BioCanRx
- Dr. Bernie EiglMedical Oncologist, BC Cancer Agency; Clinical Associate Professor, University of British Columbia
- Dr. Rosalyn JuergensAssociate Professor, Department of Oncology, McMaster University; Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Oncology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institute
- Dr. Raj Satkunasivam*Urologic Oncologist, Odette Cancer Centre; Assistant Professor, Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto
- Dr. Sunil VermaMedical Director, Tom Baker Cancer Centre; Head, Department of Oncology, University of Calgary; Medical Lead, Calgary Cancer Project
*Dr. Satkunasivam contributed to the development of the Rewrite Cancer Innovation Challenge design. Since this website’s launch, Dr. Satkunasivam has taken a new role at Methodist Hospital in Houston.